7.15.14--TEA TIME TUESDAY

TEA TIME TUESDAY
Glass Pots Seem To Be a Fav For Tisane Enthusiasts
I am still awake. If you are reading this in the day time, you may wonder why that is significant. Sometimes I write my posts days, even weeks ahead. Then I schedule them to appear on a specific day, at about 3 a.m.
Not Sure Who Carries This Beauty
It is about 3 a.m. now--right between a Sunday and a Monday. I have been awake and aware for about three and a half hours. That brings me to my topic for today: tisane.

Herbal tea, or tisane (UK /tɪˈzæn/, US /tɪˈzɑːn/), is any beverage made from the infusion or decoction of herbs, spices, or other plant material in hot water, and usually does not contain caffeine.[1] These drinks are distinguished from caffeinated true teas (black, green, white, yellow, oolong, etc., which are prepared from the cured leaves of the tea plant, Camellia sinensis), as well as from decaffeinated tea, in which the caffeine has been removed. In addition to serving as a beverage, many herbal teas are also consumed for their perceived medicinal benefits.[Wikipedia]
Found at Crate and Barrel At One Time
If I were to have tea, I would have a tisane. I have not had caffeine in more than 18 hours. I. just. can. not. sleep. Maybe if I chose the correct tisane, I would get drowsy. My alarm is set for 6:45. Do I dare?










No comments: