7.1.14--TEA TIME TUESDAY

TEA TIME TUESDAY
While I was gone, I had the opportunity to try a lot of different things. One day, in a sushi restaurant at lunch time, I tried the house green tea. Until that day, I had NEVER had a green tea I could stand. The house tea was Gen Mai (Cha means TEA). It is made of green tea leaves and toasted brown rice. It was "the people's tea" or, tea the common man could afford. Of course, I LOVE IT. I also prefer the commoner's bread from Revolutionary France. 

Unfortunately, I developed a taste for salmon, as well as wine from Sardinia--not really commoner's fare. I can have my tea but it will probably be awhile before I get salmon like I had or find that specific wine which really was so very good. And when I run out of tea, I can order it online since my local grocery doesn't carry it.

No comments: