6.14.13

I belong to SmallTalk, a Yahoo Group of small quilt enthusiasts. We had a mini exchange and I sent this quilt, in feedsack reproduction fabrics, to my partner, KT, in Indiana. It is a pattern by Kathy Tracy. I also tucked in a bear I designed and some fabric pieces--three coordinates. This is my current favorite pattern and LK at Country Stitches talked me into the sashing fabric. I was not sure if I would like the diagonal lines but I really enjoyed it. She also helped me pick out the backing 
which is quite pretty. I chose solid green cornerstones but they looked a little plain so I selected some of my favorite buttons for the centers.
KT says she usually does Civil War reproduction pieces and had not many fabrics from the Depression Era but might like a quilt featuring their cheery colors. She received it a few days ago and said it went very well with a little cabinet she had from the 30s. I really enjoyed making this little thing.









Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments: