2.15.13

As one of the lessons in my Audrey class, I did paper piecing. Typical of the English language, there are two phrases that are identical that mean two TOTALLY different things. (Foundation) Paper Piecing means using a paper or other matrix with drawn lines as guides for sewing a series of overlapping seams on on the other side. (English) Paper Piecing means to use heavier paper as the shape to fold fabric around in preparation for sewing the pieces together. Lately, I have been doing both.

 Here is a little nine inch by nine inch quilt that happened because I was experimenting with Carol Doak Free Foundation Patterns.
 I made four hearts (three inches each) from scraps in my red scraps bag and then the project just took on a life of its own.



I enjoyed it so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!