10.16.12




TEA TIME TUESDAY

I love pumpkins. 
You are not surprised. 

This is the season of pumpkins and the beginning of the season of tea. While I was looking for lovely images to add to my virtual collection, I found this one. I REALLY like this cup and saucer set. For the first time I was tempted to go from a virtual collection to a real collection. It looks like it might be from the early part of the 20th century. It has an Art Nouveau style to it and reminds me of some of the demitasse cups I have that were my mother's.

After the initial excitement wore off, I found I am glad to keep this tea cup as just a virtual part of the collection. It is not at all an antique. 
It does have a tea pot as well as a creamer and sugar set that goes with it. They are certainly not as charming but priced as though they ought to be. 

The top picture, the tea cup took me to happynutritionist on Squidoo. She gave a list of suggested ingredients for making your own pumpkin spice tea.  She mentioned cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, orange zest, and allspice.

Included on the sidebar was a link for these in case you do not want to make your own tea but you do have time to heat some water. I love Bigelow, don't you? Maybe my local grocer has these.
 



No comments: