10.14.12

Lately I find myself intrigued by Swedish and Norwegian style folk-art painting, like these.
Do you think it is the fact that many of these have roosters on them? Along with chickens, I really to like a rooster motif.
Or the functional object turned into a "canvas", if you will.
Maybe it is because so many of them are pitchers or pots with spouts.
I can't begin to tell you how many lonely pitchers I have been tempted to handle because of the shape of the vessels themselves, the color, or just because I found them charming.
Maybe it is the bright primary palette on white.
If you asked my (original) Quilty Friend, she would say it is because I am really enjoying my applique classes and these designs would be great interpreted with fabric.

Just when I thought I had it figured out, I see this little friend. If I ever see one in a shop, he will have to come home with me.
 


No comments: