6.26.16

From Stashtea.com
DLB brought me some tea from Portland. It is delicious! 

Last night I had Portland Blend and this morning, I'm not sure of the name but it has a flowery bouquet and it is a white tea base. 

The D in DLB stands for DEAR, because she is!


Splendid Sampler #38 was designed by Pam Kitty Morning (Pam Viera-McGinnis) and is called Vintage Flower Basket. I thought I would be adding buttons to the centers of my flowers, but they looked better without any. Maybe some "perfect circles" will do the trick. I am still able to do these blocks from my scrap Civil War type fabrics, although it was difficult to find enough blue to go with the only color of ric-rac I had in my stash.

Block #39 is designed by Aylin Ozturk and is called Balls in the Air. She designed it to be a complex foundation paper piecing work made up of 64 pieces. I simplified my version to 5 pieces on a background.







The next Temecula Circa 2016 block marks the 24th episode in this mystery quilt. It is called Four Patch Pinwheel. I'm having trouble staying in the scrap bag of batiks and have had to dip into my stashed fabrics from time to time, but I am not making a dent on these fabrics in the least. Finished blocks are 3", so some of the things I'm cutting are only 1.25" squared.

No comments: