6.12.16

Our weather has been mild and lovely. I have had the windows open a number of times since the rainstorms passed. Its so nice to hear the birds in the morning.



Spent some time thinking about quilts. Surprised, aren't you? 
A woman I know from several of my quilt groups gave me a quilt her mother had made--AN APPLIQUE' QUILT! It is so charming and looks nice on my guest room bed. 



made some comfort blocks this past weekend--blocks for a quilt to be given to someone experiencing a life-changing event. In other words, something horrible that isn't breast cancer.


I'm working on FIVE secret applique' projects, but they are only secret from a few people here and there. QuiltyFriend has seen them all and says my applique' is improving. Always nice to hear. I will share pictures when they become less secret. One of them is the pineapples from a year ago. I just need to piece the blocks together, then quilt it. Don't know why I'm dragging my feet so. I think its because I get tempted by the start of something new.



Anyway, here is Splendid Sampler block #34, designed by  Amy Gibson. It is called Lemonade Block.

Yes, I cheated and didn't sew the curved pieces on the machine. They were such tiny squares, I just applique'd them.









Here is block #35, called The Wishful Garden.  It is designed by Kristyne Czepuryk.
You should click on one of the links above, because Kristyne designed her block with a boatload of embroidery. WISHFUL GARDEN, to me, means, "I wish I felt like doing all that embroidery, but I didn't, so I found a convenient striped fabric."

Here is the latest Circa 2016 from Temecula Quilt Company. It is called Baskets.

Ridiculously difficult to assemble. The directions are something like "Cut pieces these sizes, make it look like the picture." 

Aw, c'mon. You know I exaggerate. I DID have a difficult time trying to figure out where the pieces went, though.

No comments: