Got a quilt back from the long-arm basting people--need to put it on the quilting frame and locate some fresh needles! Have had the perle cotton right here for almost a week.
Gone this morning to get Dana Bolyard's and Russ Adams' autographs and a new book.
Busy finishing up the trial run for my Quilt of Valor quilt. I sewed initial seams together yesterday morning and the rewrite I gave the pattern seems to be working out GREAT.
The quilt involves five 10 inch Variable Star blocks, one 20 inch Variable Star, and one 40 inch Variable Star. Choosing the economic way to make the "flying goose" units has been my mental challenge. I dislike applying a bias edge to another bias edge and I have decided to use Half-Square Triangles for the two larger Star blocks. For the five smaller blocks, I will use the lesson from Audrey on how to make 4 of those units at a time.
Pictures when the light is better and they have received a good pressing!