3.9.13



My Barn Quilt, Variable Star


One day, while wandering around the internet on some of my favorite sites, I found a BARN CHALLENGE. Bee in my Bonnet designed a 14" barn block--with a quilt on it! 
Weather Vane Block
Well, I had NO trouble pulling fabric for a red barn. I did have a problem using the weather vane block as my barn quilt, though. 
I do REALLY like the weather vane block and Bee does a wonderful tutorial but my barn fabrics were too formal for such a cute little design.

Instead, my barn has a different star.  Now I feel compelled to go back and make a second one and use the weather vane design.




4 comments:

Karen said...

I like your barn block. I love the star block.

Karen said...

I like your barn block. I love your star block.

Sharon said...

Your barn with the star is great! It would be cute to a whole quilt of them. I have a thing for house quilts

Sarah Craig said...

What a cute block - and a great idea! Whoop whoop!!