3.23.12

Look! A Hexagon Quilt! I have been toying with the idea of making one. I have a block made as a trial to see how difficult it is. Not that hard. I was able to complete it in an afternoon including finding enough scraps, cutting them to the right size, basting them to the templates and assembling the hexies into a block. I definitely see one in my future.
It is the perfect carry-along. This quilt is by Cynthia Johnson and I shot the photo at the Pigeon Forge Quilt Show last week. See how tiny her hexies are? Yes, that is my gloved finger. I wonder if some of her fabrics are vintage feedsacks.
I would like to have seen her quilt sleeve run across a flat side rather than a pointed part. Then, a second sleeve across the center back for a small dowel would have kept it hanging in its intended form. Most shows do not let you turn your quilt in with a dowel in it, though.

No comments: