11.14.12

Working on lots of little things including these silly styrofoam ornaments. Never thought I would want to do these, but I do.  Never say never. I started them way early last week so I picked up some Whoville looking blues and greens.
I got that all figured out quickly enough and woke up Friday to discover that I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to make a doll quilt. Of course, I needed just a little tiny bit of fabric and it would be the inspiration. 
I decided to applique 2" circles on 3" squares. How could I go any other way but circles when I found this pretty little fat eighth? I had a lot of fun making perfect circles. I found that three layers of freezer paper worked just as well as the mylar templates but getting them out the back after appliqueing was still tricky
 

No comments: