8.10.17

Today's post is from the 2015 Sacred Threads Exhibit in Haysville, N.C. This quilt was made by Susan Leonard from Wynnewood, Pennsylvania. I especially like the Kantha style stitching and the special, ethnic fabrics.


Susan Leonard's Artist Statement:
"In my adult life, I have finally come to trust others. This was not the case in my childhood. Different from my independent, youthful self, I now embrace community.  I have formed and joined circles to support my art, nurture my spirituality, and to provide periodic coaching.  





These are my Sacred Circles.  My piece, SACRED CIRCLES, is a composition of gifted fabric from my Sacred Circle of artist friends.  Silk from Thailand, India, France, and the United States - all from friends - is blended together and represents my love, respect, and joy in community with these amazing women."

No comments: