2.15.14

I have another project going--this is called The Tammy Bag and is designed by Madame Samm of Sew We Quilt. You can buy the pattern at Craftsy.com, where she says, "All proceeds 100% goes to purchasing new machines for those in need."

Love this bag, but WHERE DID SHE GET THAT MUG? I NEED IT!
The sample photo she let me share with you features GINGHAM! It has pockets all over the place and if you look closely, a covered button! I printed the templates, and I have read the pattern twice. I ordered my frame so I could be sure to have the correct size. My vendor says it will take 10 to 25 days to arrive so I might try it out on another frame that is close in size if not exactly the same shape...I will have to see...I plan to start my stash search with some gingham I have been saving. I have lovely tiny black and white, but it is in small pieces, probably fat quarters. I will want one, maybe two more feature fabrics for the outside. I will be looking for some buttons to add, too.

I haven't decided how to handle the handle. My frames have loops as part of the mechanism, and I have a stockpile of possibilities in the hardware department. My issue with handles is ALWAYS this. How does the recipient prefer to carry a bag? How long should the handle be? Should it have a shoulder strap choice? 

Maybe I should make the first one for me.


No comments: