12.16.10

So. I bought one skein of Cascade 220 in a Heather pink for a ski hat. I used two strands and a provisional cast on for a short rib edge, thinking I would go back and knit it down for a doubled up rib if there was enough yarn. I made it all the way to the last decrease, slipped it on my head and didn't like it. Ripped it back to the first decrease row and took it almost all the way up straight. I thought I had seen a "neck gaiter" that could convert to a hat and thought I would give it a try. I made an eyelet row and finished off the top edge. I had to unravel my swatch to make a drawstring and to use for a single crochet Bind Off  of the provisional Cast On, which I think I may have "unvented" after about sixteen attempts that did not satisfy me. I found out with the live stitches in a rib pattern, knitting down the other way
just isn't that simple for me. I ended up dropping the stitches that would not ravel and crocheting a slip stitch to cover where they might have been.  I fiddled around with size zero needles and two strands of multi-pink sock yarn and "unvented" a puffy garter stitch heart for the ends of the drawstring that I like very much.

No comments: