12.07.10

Back in the mountains! It is snowing and 20 degrees but sunny. We got here Thursday but it has taken me until today to finally acclimate. This time I had the altitude AND the temperature to master. When we left Florida it was just days after getting sunburned at the beach.

I am working on the sweater I started in the summer using Berroco Vintage in the Juniper colorway which makes it look a lot like blueberries. I call it my blueberry sweater. I have about a sleeve and a sixth to go and something to figure out about the neckline. I think I am getting carpal tunnel symptoms so I am trying not to overknit without taking a break every now and then.

Today we are going out to get a replacement string of lights for the "pre-lit" tree which is only prelit in three of the four sections. We also have a few other errands to run. The summer curtains on the windows are not very good insulation against the outdoor temperature!

I will bring my knitting but the snow is still entertaining and I am enjoying it.

We are expecting relatives over the Christmas break so my studio will get aNOTHER clean up.

My cousins visited from France and gave me a cookbook. Tonight I am planning to make zucchini au gratin. Wish me luck!

No comments: