11.14.16

So. I made it to Oregon, thanks to the help of the Godfrey, Wooten, Knight, Ray and Collar families. There just are not enough thanks for them, so I shall spend the rest of my life thinking of them whenever I have a chance to help someone else out along the way.


Thanks to all of my friends and family--ALLL of them--for keeping the big secret from FartherAwaySon. He was bemused to meet me at one of our favorite taco spots when he saw me holding his dog. When he hugged me and I told him I was in Oregon for good, well, let's just say things got even better after that. From now on, I have AwaySon (Chicago) and NearbySon (40 min at peak traffic) And now you know why I wrote so little lately. I was certainly dejunkifying in earnest. I had a huge estate sale and made exactly enough to pay the property tax on the the new place. Easy come, easy go. I surely did not see that coming. I was positive I would be able to buy a new frig and maybe a new washer/dryer.
My furniture and clothes are only 10 days behind me. I bought a rain jacket and waterproof shoes today, and more food that I can heat up in my new frying pan. I can fix anything as long as it is one at a time! I fry up water for tea several times a day. 

Luckily, my parents moved into Senior Living just up the road, so I get a shower every other day or so. I have THREE shower curtains on that moving truck and I am too cheap to buy a fourth. My "new" tub doesn't have a stopper, so I get bird baths on the days I don't go to visit Mom and Dad. 
Not a single room other than the kitchen and bath have overhead lights and all I brought are my flashlights and one lantern. My wonderful brother and sister (in-law) set me up with sheets, air mattress, towels, logs for the fireplace, and a PUMPKIN, so it is exactly like camping except without any of the gross parts.

It is rainy and cold and I love it. 

No comments: