5.14.16

Time to catch up!
Temecula's Circa 2016 blocks last week were BOWTIE

I have a Bowtie quilt on my bucket list. 

After making these sweet blocks, it has moved closer to the top of the list. I love this block.


Splendid Sampler block #24 Is Inspector Sidekick, by Michele Foster, of Quilting Gallery.
Splendid Sampler bock #25 Is called Sunday Best, by Anne Sutton, of Bunny Hill. I find her applique quilts enchanting. I have one started, somewhere.

This took a lot of time to prep the pieces. Then, I hand- appliquéd, since that is my favorite applique' technique.






Splendid Sampler block #26 is called Dreaming of Dresdens, designed by Jane Davidson of Want it! Need it! Quilt!, one of the founders of the Sampler. 

I am trying to follow the methods of the designers when I think I can learn something new. This dresden is pieced by machine instead of English Paper Pieced, as I would usually choose to do.




10 blocks, 3 hours. Do I
like this enough to
make more? YOU BET!
For some reason,  I got on a tear about making string quilts. 
This is a GOOD thing, because I have used up a lot of "strings", or strips of fabrics that are basically, leftovers. 

Also, I was able to reduce my stash of light neutrals by quite a bit. I'm working with tan and cream with brown and red strings.
Here are some possible settings. QuiltyFriend has a favorite, and so do I, although, not the same one! Which do you like? 
UPDATE: 81  eight and a half inch blocks have been made.


Diamonds or squares

Barn Raising

Half-Square Triangles or Sails

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such beautiful work!! I am in love with your bunny -- so adorable! Your choices of set up for your strips is wonderful -- my favorite is 'barn raising'. It really stands out to me from the others. All are beautiful so you can't go wrong with the one that you choose. By the way -- I nominated my brother who just had a mild stroke about a month ago and his son has had his brain cancer return for a Quilt of Valor. They contacted me and offered to award him his quilt this weekend!! What a wonderful surprise for all. My brother has been blown away by this -- wait until he sees his quilt! Thanks for all you do to help this wonderful organization. ;) RK