6.8.12

I have been casting around for projects to work on when the sun goes down. I spend a lot of time during the day with quilting either designing and planning or cutting, sewing, and hand-quilting. When the sun gets to s certain point, I switch to something that doesn't need as much natural light. I can pretty much knit while watching television so I have rediscovered some languishing knitting projects. 


This is a tweed Cascade 220 shawl I started probably four years ago. I was so surprised when I picked it up that I could still remember pretty much what to do and when. As a matter of fact, it is a fairly tricky bias style but once you set it up it is easy to do consisting of knit 3, knit 2 together, yarn over on the "right"side and knit 4, purl 1 on the "wrong" side. The trick is that the pattern "travels" to make the slant so each row is not an exact duplicate but shifted to the right one stitch on the front or to the left one stitch on the back.

No comments: