3.31.16

The first wild violet of spring!
I planted a few sweet onions, and found a Hollyhock plant at the local grocery store, as well as a basil plant. Along with the rosemary, wild chives and garlic, I almost have a kitchen garden. 






Rainyside.com picture
I'm considering making a salad ball to hang on the porch. Here is one I saw on Pinterest. If you are interested, you can go HERE for instructions.












Splendid Sampler block #14 is designed by Janet Clare. It is called Flying High. Here is my version.

I wanted mine to look like November and still use my scrappy Civil War palette. I did not do fusible as suggested, but I did a version of freezer paper appliqué. 


I'm enjoying lots of appliqué lately. I used Floriani to do these teapots for the last of my seven Quilts of Comfort Blocks. 







Now, I'm back to elephants and back-basting.

1 comment:

Mary O. said...

Found you via your Splendid Sampler bird block, nice job.
Love your Elephants!