1.10.16--Dragon Trouble

So. I have had trouble dragon my butt out of the house to do things. Heck, I have had trouble dragon my butt AROUND the house to do things.

All the dejunkification posts for December, I made ahead. I realize I am a post behind on those, and I will try to do two loads this week. December has found me in hibernation mode--moving slowly and not with much ambition. 

For that reason, I decide I needed a different take on the typical New Years Resolutions. Instead, I am doing 3 small goals a day. If I can cross one off the list, I feel good about myself. When I started, MAKE MY BED was the first goal for each day. The first year of my sorrow, I had no trouble accomplishing this task. It had never been my job before because the rule had been, first out makes the coffee, last out makes the bed. Still, it was easy in the first year to hop right out and set the room to rights so it looked inviting when time came to go to bed at night.

Somewhere around September, I sort of just stopped making the bed. In fact, I stopped making an effort in a lot of small ways. Recognizing this as a pattern that was gaining momentum, I decided to stop the nonsense. I came up with the 3 goals a day. At first, I could only accomplish 1 goal. Bed was first on my list, so after about 2 weeks, it became habit and I moved it from the list. Now I have another goal in its place. Typically, my first goal is the same goal every day in the hopes that it becomes habit, and I can move it from my list. The other goals vary.

One day, one of my goals was clean off all the stuff magneted to the refrigerator. I was so surprised at how easy this was. Another day, it was straighten out the book case in the living room. It was one of the hardest tasks to date. It was a day filled with tears for me. It didn't help that I was looking for recipes for AwaySon, and I had to go through several books to find what I was looking for. You know I am an unwilling cook, so none of the cookbooks were mine, and few of the recipes were in my hand writing.

Today, I am pleased to say Goal 1 is done. I expect to accomplish Goal 2, and I really hope today Goal 3 will be marked off. I have had Goal 3 on my list everyday for 8 days, now. I can do it. It will hardly take any time at all. I can do it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Small goals are best. Keep going! I accomplished little this weekend except one tiny closet straightening in this sea of clutter. However, I didn't have to cook three times in a row.