10.15.12

Last week--"When sleeping women wake, mountains move." It sure does give pause, doesn't it? Didn't you just run through all the women you know and all the  social change, all the awareness issues, all the causes that needed champions? All the work that needed to be done and all the work that has been done.

This week: "A poor workman always blames his tools." My best sewing machine is not working. It needs to go into the shop. It is easy to say that is why I have not worked on my machine quilting but the truth is, my Bernina 1630 does make machine quilting easier but it could use an extended bed, an actual free-motion quilting foot, and I should probably use the knee lift. I have a perfectly useful Bernina 915, in fact, I call it my workhorse because it does not shy away from sewing through elastic or heavier fabrics. But it does not have an automatic needle down setting and I have grown dependent on that. The stitch length is a little imprecise though I can live with it. If I am to be honest with myself, I have to agree that A poor workman does blame his tools.

No comments: