12.20.12


This post is possible due to my participation in the Free-Motion Quilt Challenge! Thanks, SewCal Gal and all the teachers we had this year. I am so pleased with my progress from HATE IT BECAUSE IT MAKES ME FEEL STUPD all the way to LOVE IT, SOMETIMES I FEEL CREATIVE AND WANT TO DO MORE.

I hope by the time you are reading this, I am ready to present my Christmas place mats to the family. Don't worry about the distortion of the edges--some of it is due to the binding not being sewn down and partly due to how short I am and my reluctance to stand on a rolling chair to get a straight-on photo.
I have had the pretty candy cane fabric for years--possibly 15 or more. I had the green and red binding at least that long. I remember buying it in blue and making an "overall/apron style jumper for sister KM before Niece N was born. That is a long time in the stash and time to get it out and use it!  I do not know what possessed me to buy the rainbow trees I have for the reverse. It even has metallic stars all over it. It is horrendous.


Can you see the trees I FREE MOTIONED? I sure enjoyed machine quilting these place mats. I should make some more--they were fun!




No comments: